vrijdag 20 november 2020

Crochet pattern Review: Savannah Ear Warmer

Hi everyone! Welcome to another blog post by Emma. Thank you for the kind words for my last post in October. I apologize if I don't respond (immediately). The weather is slowly getting colder, but perhaps it's thanks to global warming, it's been a pretty warm autumn/fall so far! Despite that, do your ears get cold when you're out biking? Want to keep your pretty little ears warm AND still look fashionable when biking? Look no further because have I got a lovely little ear warmer pattern for you!


Ear muffs are ridiculous looking looking to me, and hats seem too warm for fall since it covers the entire top of your head. So ear warmers are the perfect mid-season fashion item that is also very useful.

I searched around on the internet for a free ear warmer pattern and found so many. I finally decided on this Savannah Ear Warmer pattern. One of the reasons I chose this pattern is because I wanted a pattern you can work vertically instead of horizontally. Working horizontally would be working around your head, parrallel to your eyebrows and vertically would be working perpendicular to your eyebrows. I wanted to work vertically because the yarn I wanted to use is a mix of colors and the color change is more gradual and beautiful this way.

First of all, here is a link to the pattern: https://joyofmotioncrochet.com/savannah-ear-warmer-free-crochet-pattern/

The Reverse Single Crochet (crabstitch) creates those round spirals.

This pattern has an intermediate skill level and this is true. The reasoning is because this pattern uses the Reverse Single Crochet (crab stitch) which is quite tricky but also beautiful!

The yarn I used is a Scarfie Cake by Made By Me. I chose this yarn because of the beautiful color and tinsel woven into the strand. Recommended needle is 5.0mm, which also happens to be the recommended needle size of the pattern too.

Comes in other colors too, all very pretty, but perhaps a little too thin as ear *warmers* but makes for a beautiful head scarf!

Overall, this is a really nice pattern. When chooseing your yarn, I suggest using a slightly thicker yarn than the one I choose if you really want to keep your ears warm. I found that my ear warmer didn't keep my ears as warm as I liked, but at least I looked really fashionable!

My important tip for this pattern is to make it smaller than what you think your head size is, especially since after washing, the ear warmer will be more relaxed (so bigger). The pattern suggested to work up to 19"(48cm), but I measured my head and thought I needed a "little" extra for my big head and added 11.5cm, which ended up being 8cm too much (I should have only added 3.5cm).


  Facebook Happy Lucky Creations  Instagram Happy Lucky Creations  Pinterest Happy Lucky Creations  YouTube Happy Lucky Creations

===LIJST VAN PRODUCTEN / PRODUCT LIST===

In de webwinkel vind je een assortiment van de meest gebruikte producten. Vind je niet wat je zoekt, neem gerust contact met ons op en wij proberen dit zo voordelig mogelijk voor je te bestellen.

* Overig / Rest *
Crochet Needle 5.0mm
Yarn

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Thank you for sharing your crochet work and the pattern to us to try and make one ourselves. I won't be making one though 😄

    Love Carina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hello Emma
    What a beautiful crochetpattern!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Greetings Martha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

=== Leuk dat je een reactie achterlaten! / Thank you for commenting! ===